As many real estate agents will tell you, wooden floors add value to every property, being a huge selling point. No matter if you would like to sell your house in Croydon, to buy a new one or simply to upgrade your property, wooden floors are the best thing to start with. Wood always brings class, elegance and warmth and with the various wooden floors comes with, you have complete freedom of choice.
Pale shades or deep colours, different and interesting textures, rustic grades to tranquil vibes and everything in between – the choice is yours. However, among all the types of wood floors, installations and wood species, there is one option that tends to be the real art. Parquet is something in between the functional aspect of a facility for everyday use and the bespoke beauty of an art project. In fact, parquet, besides being a popular type of wood flooring, comes in a variety of patterns and designs, which are always the focal point of the room, working as a perfect decoration or dominating with a vibrant appearance.
How We Approach a Parquet Floor Sanding Project
As it comes to the functional aspect, parquet, as a real wood product, is a really durable and long-lasting option, hardwearing and shock-resistance. In addition, it is easy to maintain and hygienic and overall comes with all the benefits of hardwood timbers. What differs parquet is the type of installation. Parquetry blocks are cut in different sizes and geometric shapes, available in a variety of wood species and grains, composed in complex patterns. Another alternative is the mosaic-panel parquet, factory-made panels of previously arranged blocks. No matter what type of pattern, colour, material and grain you choose, parquetry is still amazing, bold and vibrant option for every property in Croydon.
In order to maintain your parquetry installation, sanding is recommended occasionally. Like a real wood product, parquet floors can also be a subject of issues, however, it is really easy to deal with them and sanding is an essential service in that case. We have a great experience dealing with that type of mosaic wood flooring and this is something we are really proud of because parquetry is known for requiring preciseness and attention to details. Because of the need of individual treatment for every block, due to the risk of sanding opposite the grain because of the different directions the blocks are fitted in, you are going to need a really experienced and knowledgeable team, being able to offer to you high-quality equipment and finishing products.
Years of Experience and a Great Portfolio of Wood Floor Services
We are sanding specialists, but in some cases, you may need some additional help, including repairs of floors in poor condition and we can also offer you that. We highly believe our services are not only one straightaway process but the full care package in order to achieve the desired outcome. What you can expect in addition to our parquet floor sanding service is:
- Gap filling – A service, dedicated to filling non-structural gaps with high quality resin fillers and leaving the surface uniform and smooth.
- Repairs and restoration - We will give you our honest recommendation for repair services if there are deep dents and scratches, penetrating through the top layer, also loose or broken blocks. We can replace them and find the perfect match.
- Wood floorboards replacement – for broken spots and blocks, which can fit no more due to moisture effect and so. Our spot repair service is better than replacing the whole floor.
- Wood floor refinishing – The perfect finishing touch after sanding, because wood’s pores are open and the products will adhere better and achieve flawless and even coverage and durable protection.
- Wood floor staining – Enhancing the natural beauty of the wood species’ colour or adding a new and exciting shade to your favourite wooden floor and achieving a more contemporary look.
Products Used for Our Parquet Floor Sanding and Refinishing Projects
Parquet floor sanding is perceived as a serious challenge by many experts in the industry. Indeed, being able to restore the condition of the floorboards without affecting the concept of the pattern and its integrity is not the easiest thing in the world and requires a lot of experience, knowledge, mastership. Sanding a parquet floor straightforward as you can do with other types of wood flooring is impossible because it means you are sanding against the grain and damaging the floorboards. Therefore, make sure that your parquet floor sanding project is left in the reliable hands of reputable experts like the ones in our team. Along with utilising contemporary and innovative methods and equipment, we also rely on premium quality products for refinishing the parquet floor. Following are a few examples of the best products we will use for your project and for achieving really flawless results.
- Bona Mega – a waterborne, polyurethane finish designed for both domestic and commercial use. Available in extra-matte, matte, satin, and gloss.
- Bona Traffic HD – a two-component polyurethane finish designed for commercial use for high-traffic and heavy use areas. Available in extra-matte, matte, and satin.
- Bona Classic Primer – a primer for light wood colouration. Suitable to all types of wood and wood flooring.
- Bona Prime Amberseal – a waterborne primer for intense and rich colouration of the wood.
- Bona Prime Deep – an oil-based primer for enriching the natural grain and pattern of the wood.
- Bona Prime Intense – a waterborne primer for untreated wooden surfaces and for producing medium to the rich colouration of the wood.
- Bona Mega and Traffic Natural – A high-quality lacquer for all types of wood and for producing durable and hard-wearing protection.
- Junckers Strong Varnish – water-borne, polyurethane lacquer with hard-wearing properties and great durability.
- Junckers BasePrime Primer – a quick-drying primer for water-based and solvent-based lacquers.
- Junckers PreLak Primer – a fast-drying, water-based primer for water-based finishing products.
- Junckers HP Commercial – a hard-wearing, water-based polyurethane lacquer for commercial use.
- Loba WS Easy Prime – a polyurethane-acrylate waterborne primer, easy application, fast-drying.
- Loba WS Viva One-Component Lacquer – designed for solid wood and parquet floors.
- Loba WS Fusion Two-Component Lacquer – Designed for the treatment of busy and high-traffic areas, for commercial use.
Make sure to contact us on 020 70360625 whenever you have additional questions about the services we deliver and for requesting a free on-site inspection of your wooden floor.